Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) – central finance
Defra spends £6 billion per year bringing together the interests of farmers and the countryside; the environment and the rural economy. Our ongoing work includes:
- Managing implementation of the HM Treasury Clear Line of Sight Programme.
- Development and leadership of the four central finance teams dealing with in-year monitoring, forward years’ budgeting and corporate governance, consolidated resource accounts and Estimates/COINS.
- Finance lead on Spending Review 2010.
- Managed year end out-turns against Parliamentary and Treasury control totals for 2004/05 to 2008/09.
- Ensured that detailed balanced budgets set for 2008/09 and 2009/10 within the Comprehensive Spending Review 2007 settlement and then for the 4 years of the Spending Review 2010
- Delivered Faster Close for the resource accounts in 2007/08 and again in 2008/09.
- Designed and owned the restructuring of the Oracle GL coding and e-workflows to accommodate the Renew change programme.
- Restructuring COINS data onto a Departmental Strategic Objective basis.
- Delivered the Main, Winter and Spring Supplementary Estimates
- Preparation of provisional and final Public Expenditure Out-turn White Paper returns for 2004/05 to 2008/09.
- Managed the design, implementation and timely production of a new Management Board monthly finance report, including the business area challenge process.
- Delivered on-system forecasting using Oracle Financials.
- Prepared Estimates Memoranda, Select Committee briefing and responses to their enquires, regular Permanent Secretary, Management Board and Ministerial briefings and Parliamentary Questions.
Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) – other assignments
Interim Finance Director for the Marine Fisheries Agency
Interim Head of Finance and Business Support for the Environment and Rural group
Interim Head of IT Finance
Finance lead on the creation of the Marine Management Organisation (MMO)
Interim Finance Director of the MMO
Finance lead on the creation of the Sustainable Development Commission
Finance lead on the creation of AfriCarbon
Project management and technical support to the HMT Clear Line of Sight Initiative
Financial management support to the Food and Farming Group
Finance lead on strategic review of Kew Gardens
Financial management support to the Strategy and Evidence Group
Technical review of the accounting for the England Rural Development Programme
Financial management support to the Climate Change Group
For further information on contact details please
Department of Transport
HM Customs & Excise
Hackney Borough Council
National Grid Transco